6 Hot Web Design Trends for 2018
Content Marketing businesses and entrepreneurs know that in order to keep your brand fresh and contemporary to customers, it’s vital to keep an eye on digital trends. Foreshadowing trends will also keep your business one step ahead of the game within the marketplace and to your competition. Digital marketing moves at a constant pace and brand awareness is an invaluable trait to put to work as a content marketer. Right now social media business platforms are rated as the number one engagement tool for companies, followed closely by their web content. Below are the six most popular digital marketing trends expected to be seen this year in web design.
- Creative Typography-A large majority of web design companies will be changing things up and implementing more creative type this year. This use of design type includes stylized fonts used in different compositions. An example of this would be disjointed or truncated text. It’s very much like an abstract take on letterforms. It’s a great way for digital designers to incorporate text into a design while still keeping it illustrational.
- Double Exposure-2018 will bring more ways to creatively use double exposure on images. More and more designers are using this to create stunning websites. It’s a way of merging two images into one and sometimes three. Graphic designers are finding so many different design elements that you can create with a double exposure that not only look natural but is also artistic at the same time. It invokes dreamlike qualities to images and stirs the imagination. Most people find this effect hard not to appreciate, which is why you will find it included in many web designs and product campaigns. Companies feel they can incite an emotional response and connect with consumers by presenting them with breathtaking images in relation to a product or service.
- Virtual Reality/3D/AR-Virtual reality imagery in product and design is expected to take a giant leap forward for 2018. With More compatible mobile phones such as the iPhone 10 taking center stage and further strides in headset functionality, companies will also be marketing VR headsets heavily to consumers. Because of this trend, we are going to see more and more web and game designers utilizing VR capability this year. It may be a simple case of looking ahead to where our digital trends are heading, but with virtual reality; the sky’s the limit when talking about the creative applications that it can be used with. The 3d capability will be used heavily by companies for branding products and making realistic models and logos.
- Vivid Color Logo Branding– Vivid Color Logo Branding-In 2017, the digital community has seen big companies like Spotify, YouTube and Instagram all rebranding their logo with vivid color displays. More and more companies have been moving to vivid color schemes in their branding so as to quickly be identifiable and attention grabbing to the consumer. Neon bright colors are used that give a somewhat 80’s feel and is juxtaposed with opposing colors. Companies want the consumer to know exactly what their product stands for when they see their logo in this largely saturated digital marketplace. Believe it or not, the art of using color psychology in social media actually plays a role in a consumer’s emotional connection to a product. Digital Marketing companies want to capitalize on this visual perception and create a positive experience that ultimately culminates in a great first impression and concludes with a product purchase.
- Geometric Shapes and Patterns-For the past 5 years, geometric shapes have been incorporated into company logos. This trend is expected to continue, as companies use the shapes to create interest and showcase an element of technology, simplicity, and playfulness. For example, these trends get started by big businesses such as Google; where their homepage logotype is always morphing into unusual 3D geometric shapes, patterns and designs that are interesting to the eyes. This is where trends sometimes find their infancy. Big Businesses will experiment with shape line work and then the web community as a whole becomes inspired. This springboard effect then becomes a creative muse to others within the digital design world.
- Glitch Effect-This digital design technique utilizes imagery that appears to be transformed or broken up by some kind of pixelated interference. It’s a really cool effect that has web designers excited. It can be used as still imagery or even to create an animated version from a static image. The digital software design world has made the glitch effect as easy as downloading or installing a plugin for behind the scenes creativity.
When you are immersed in an artistic field such as digital marketing it’s easy to become jaded about certain design trends. Whether companies choose to adopt them or resist them, their creative choices will always be a topic of conversation among content marketers. Some trends evolve into longer-term design ideas and the rest just fade into blackness as a fleeting popularity tactic. It may be hard to weed out what trends will have more impact on consumers, but content marketers know that if they want any visibility at all they have to always find new ways of setting themselves apart from the worldwide pack.