GROWTH OF AN ONLINE STORE
Bill had been working with a previous SEO agency before coming onboard with SEO Locale in 2019. The original SEO agency told Bill that he needed to spend more money and invest heavily in ads in order for Cupid’s Box to be successful. Bill was basically bleeding money, trying to get his website found in search results and making sales from ads. He was spending tons of money on organic and not getting any return and his paid ads were basically breaking even. This is when Bill reached out to SEO Locale. His goal was to get more organic success. This is a long and difficult strategy, but the SEO Locale team felt that they could turn things around for Bill and his business.
The Challenge - Identify What Was Causing Cupid’s Box To Not Show Up In Organic Search Results
Cupid’s Box is an online adult sex toys shop with a huge range of products. We found that adult industry websites get a lot of traffic on average and have many keywords with incredibly high search volume. However, regardless of everything working in Bill’s favor, he still wasn’t being found on organic search results. Whenever we would try searching for his brand name, his ad would show up, but his website would not show up organically. We had to pinpoint the exact issues that were holding Bill back from success with organic rankings.
The Solution - Finding The Issues & Rebuilding The Strategy
After looking into the matter, we found that Cupid’s Box’s product feed was being duplicated on other websites using a similar product feed. This heavy duplication and the lack of quality backlinks is what led us to believe his website was penalized by search engines, without being told he was.
In addition to finding the best keywords to get Cupid’s Box ranking organically on search engines, mapping them out and creating recommendations for content, we had to do some heavy link building for such a competitive space. We also had to fix the errors from the previous SEO company. We wrote content to reduce duplication on Cupid’s Box’s website.
The issue wasn’t the money spend on SEO services, it was about the previous SEO company not finding the true issue behind the lack of organic search rankings.
Unfortunately, we weren’t able to turn things around for Bill’s company in a timely manner, so Bill chose to cancel with us. Our team was disappointed that we didn’t get things rolling for Bill sooner, but we completely understood it was the best thing to do for his business.
After a few months our COO, Nick Quirk, noticed Cupid’s Box was showing up in organic search results for some competitive keywords. He reached out to Bill and found that Bill was actually receiving some organic traffic to his site. Nick knew it was only a matter of time before Google decided to recognize the change and remove the penalty on his website.
Bill came in to meet with the team and decided to continue SEO services with SEO Locale. Now, his business is thriving and he is actually breaking even on his marketing expenses from 3 years ago.
THE RESULT OF OUR WORK
Bill continued services with SEO Locale towards the end of December 2019. Since then, we have provided remarkable results for his business.
- Out of the 112 keywords we are tracking for Cupid’s Box, 93 of them are ranking organically on Google. Just a few months prior, he had not been found at all for organic searches.
- Since starting services up again with our team, Bill’s rankings have gone up 823 positions on Google. Bill’s business is in a highly competitive space, with the keywords we’re tracking for him having a 1.42 million search volume in total.
When Bill joined us again in December of 2019, he had 13 keywords ranking in the 50+ position, 34 keywords in the 21-50 position, 26 in the 11-20 position, 15 in the 4-10 position and 3 keywords ranking in the 1-3 position on Google. Now, a few months later, he has 10 keywords ranking in the 50+ position, 28 keywords in the 21-50 position, 20 keywords in the 11-20 position, 23 keywords in the 4-10 position and 12 keywords in the 1-3 position on Google.
- Cupid’s Box is currently being found organically for 2,700 keywords.
- Year over year comparison: January 1st, 2020 to March 19th, 2020 vs January 1st, 2019 to March 19, 2019. Cupid’s Box is up 800% in organic users, up 926% in organic new users, up 502% in organic sessions, up 82% in organic transactions, and up 134% in organic revenue.
- Period over period comparison: January 1st, 2020 to March 19th, 2020 vs October 14th, 2019 to December 31st, 2019. Cupid’s Box is up 495% in organic users, up 500% in organic new users, up 462% in organic sessions, up 396% in organic transactions, and up 772% in organic revenue.